It is with great enthusiasm that we want to present you Benjamin Moore’s colour for 2019. The shade chosen is Metropolitan AF-690, a pure white that inspires calm and refinement. This Scandinavian-influenced colour will bring softness and light to your decor.
Originating from the 2019 Colour Trends, this shade is part of a palette of 15 harmonious colours, such as sheer pink, slate grey, eggshell and moss green. “Metropolitan AF-690 emanates nuance, harmony and extravagant ease. Always adaptable, it softens to matte or shimmers with sheen. It’s neutral. It’s composed. It just is. This is colour, off-duty.”
Here are some tips to harmonize this colour with your decor and, in so doing, enhance your interior environment:
- To magnify the subtlety of this colour, combine several shades of white to create a neutral, timeless atmosphere. The tone-on-tone effect will create depth and make even the smallest of rooms look big.
- Combine white with objects made of natural materials. Choose a light-coloured wooden table, an armchair dyed in bright grey, covered with a thick woollen throw. Objects with clear lines will define the spaces and give character to your interior.
- Avoid overloading your decor. The simplicity of the decor will highlight the whiteness of the colour and give importance to each object.
- Dare to combine furniture of slightly different styles; this will create a warm, vibrant effect.
- Vary the light sources and don’t hesitate to opt for several types of light fixtures: ceiling, floor and desk lamps. A few candles here and there will also add a soft, diffuse light after dark.
In short, be creative and let yourself be inspired by the softness of this shade. The advantage of such a colour is that it can easily complement your existing furniture. A few more accessories and you’re done!
To discover the colour of the year and the shades in the 2019 palette, check out Benjamin Moore’s website at: https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/colour-overview/colour-palettes/colour-trends-2019