It is with great enthusiasm that we want to present you Benjamin Moore’s colour for 2019. The shade chosen is Metropolitan AF-690, an elegant grey with cold nuances, that reflects the modern refinement of 21st century design. Inspiring calm and refinement, this colour will bring softness and light to your decor.
Originating from the 2019 Colour Trends, this shade is part of a palette of 15 harmonious colours, such as sheer pink, slate grey, eggshell and moss green. “Metropolitan AF-690 emanates nuance, harmony and extravagant ease. Always adaptable, it softens to matte or shimmers with sheen. It’s neutral. It’s composed. It just is. This is colour, off-duty.”
Here are some tips to harmonize this colour with your decor and, in so doing, enhance your interior environment:
- To magnify the subtlety of this colour, combine several shades of white and grey to create a neutral, timeless atmosphere. The tone-on-tone effect will create depth and make even the smallest of rooms look big.
- Combine grey with objects made of natural materials. Choose a light-coloured wooden table, an armchair dyed in bright grey, covered with a thick woollen throw. Objects with clear lines will define the spaces and give character to your interior.
- Avoid overloading your decor. The simplicity of the decor will highlight the softness of the colour and give importance to each object.
- Dare to combine furniture of slightly different styles; this will create a warm, vibrant effect.
- Vary the light sources and don’t hesitate to opt for several types of light fixtures: ceiling, floor and desk lamps. A few candles here and there will also add a soft, diffuse light after dark.
In short, be creative and let yourself be inspired by the delicacy of this shade. The advantage of such a colour is that it can easily complement your existing furniture. A few more accessories and you’re done!
To discover the colour of the year and the shades in the 2019 palette, check out Benjamin Moore’s website at: https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/colour-overview/colour-palettes/colour-trends-2019